Send a Text Message (Registered User)
- To send a Text Message to an individual or multiple Verizon Wireless messaging subscribers, simply enter a Verizon Wireless 10-digit mobile number, a Verizon Wireless SMS email@example.com (where nickname is the nickname of the intended recipient), or click on a contact from your Contact List. Separate each address with a comma, but NO spaces, (Ex: 4529067334,Sam@vtext.com,6594556321).
Optional Steps:The Send To and Your Message fields are required. All other fields are optional.
- Click the "Send" button.
- To use the Spk n' Text feature, simply type what you want to say in the Your Message field and click the "Spk n' Text" link. Your message will be translated automatically to wireless "shorthand".
- After the text is translated, the Character Counter will adjust to reflect the new shorter count. This allows you to add more content to the message before exceeding the maximum message length.
- You can add, delete, or edit your entire message content including the translated text. The "Spk n' Text" link can be used multiple times to translate any additions to your message content.
- The "Quick Text" drop down box allows you to select any of the following:
- Any of the custom messages that you create from the Quick Text page, located in your personalization page.
- Joke of the Day (Revolving Joke of the Day).
- MindLoop (Revolving facts and theories).
- Did You Know? (Alerts for fun conversation).
- A list of abbreviated Spk N' Text messages.
- Quick Text is populated in the Your Message field by choosing a selection from the drop-down, then clicking the "^" check button.
- The Character Counter counts down from 140 and counts all of the characters typed on the page, with the exception of the "Send To" field. All other fields contribute to the maximum character limit and spaces count as one-character.
- Choose "priority" and your message is marked as urgent and a different icon will appear in the recipient's phone inbox.
- If you click the "Communities" link on the left navigational bar, Verizon Wireless subscribers can send a Text to anyone in their group from either the Communities web page or from your 2-way SMS phone.
- If you have already set up your Contact List (Address Book), you will notice that your Individual and Group contact names are displayed in the lists to the right of the Message form.
- To send a Text to one of the entries in your Contact List, simply click the name in the list and that Individual or Group Name will automatically be added to the "Send To" field. Holding down the "Ctrl" key while you click names from the lists will allow you to select multiple names at once.
Prev | Next (Page 3 of 10)