How To Use Guide: Mobile Web Email
Email ServicesMobile Web includes popular email applications. You can directly access emails from MSN® Hotmail®, AOL® Mail, Yahoo!® Mail and Verizon.net.
How to Use
- Launch Browser.
- First launch the "Mobile Web" service.
- Select "#5" to open the Email page.
- Select from one of the following email providers: MSN Hotmail, AOL Mail Yahoo! Mail or Verizon.net.
- Once you click the email provider, you will automatically be taking to that email service and be required to “sign-in”.
- To sign-in, you will be required to have a username and password.
- The email provider manages the sign-on process including the username and password database.
- If you do not have a username and password, you will be required to go to the site on your PC and establish a username/password (except for Windows Live Hotmail & AOL Mail, these ISPs will allow you to apply/register for a username and password on your mobile).
Note: Most email features, including storage limits, will depend on the selected email provider. You may incur extra charges if additional storage capacities are needed.
Sending EmailsNote: Exact steps may vary by provider.
From the provider email portal you will be able to:
- Complete TO, FROM, BCC, and FWD address lines.
- Enter Subject into the Subject entry box.
- Cancel or Delete an email that is being created.
- Mark the importance of emails (high/low).
- Save sent emails automatically to the Sent Items folder.
- Use the "Reply" button to respond to emails.
Receiving EmailsNew emails will be shaded in a different color or highlighted with a different icon than opened/read messages (exact behavior will vary with provider. The email provider will automatically check for new emails once you sign in to your email account.
New emails will not be automatically displayed on your page while using the email account site. You will be able to select a "Check Email" or "Refresh" key to view any new mail that may have arrived while using the email account site. You will be able to view notifications of attached emails, however, the ability to view attachments will depend on the handset. You will not be able to download attachments to the handset.