DROID Eris by HTC Email Set Up Instructions
OverviewYour device will provide instant access to your Gmail, Google Contacts, and Google Calendar as soon as you setup your Google account during activation. If you failed to setup your Google account during initial setup, from the home screen, open the "Applications Tray", touch "Gmail" and follow the on-screen instructions. To setup other accounts, follow the instructions below.
To access Yahoo! Mail on the DROID Eris by HTC, you must be subscribed to Yahoo! Mail Plus. See Tips and Additional Information section for more information.
Email SetupMany consumer email accounts can be set up following the first four steps.
- From the home screen, open the "Applications Tray", and then touch "Mail".
- Select "Other (POP3/IMAP)".
- Enter your Email address and Password, then select "Next".*
- Enter a name for your account and the name to be displayed on outgoing messages, then select "Finish Setup". Your account is set up and your Inbox will be displayed. If prompted for the type of account, go to step 5.
- Select "POP or IMAP" and enter your Incoming Server Settings. Then select "Next".*
- Enter the Outgoing Server Settings. Then select "Next".*
- Enter a name for your account and the name to be displayed on outgoing messages, then select "Finish Setup". Your account is now set up and your Inbox will be displayed.
*If you receive an error message "Authentication failed. Please verify your username/password." or "Cannot connect to the mail server to verify your account information. Your server is not responding", verify all settings with your mail provider, including settings for the incoming server and settings to access their outgoing server from other networks. Also see the Tips and Additional Information section.
Tips and Additional Information
- When in the Inbox of an account, you can select "Menu" > "More" > "Settings" and explore your options.
- You can set how often you want the Eris to check for new email – longer intervals can be used to extend battery life, set your default email account, how you are notified of new email, and more.
- To access Yahoo! Mailyou must be a Yahoo! Mail Plus subscriber.
- When you enter a Yahoo! Mail Plus account and your password, it will configure successfully. All other Yahoo! accounts will result in an “Authentication Failed. Please verify your username/password” error message. Visit www.yahoo.com for details on subscribing or upgrading to a Yahoo! Mail Plus account.
- As an alternative, you can check Yahoo! mail by visiting www.yahoo.com using the web browser.
- To add additional email accounts, open the "Applications Tray", touch "Mail", then select "Menu", touch "More", touch "New Account" and go to step 3 of the instructions above.
- If an email account is unable to be configured, as an alternative it may be possible to access it via the Web Browser. Contact your email provider for additional information.
Exchange Account SetupThe Eris device does support the capability to sync with Microsoft® Exchange. In order to connect your Eris device with your Exchange server, please contact your administrator.
Transferring ContactsFor existing Verizon Wireless customers that have used Backup Assistant and would like to transfer their contacts from their phone to the Eris, please visit verizonwireless.com/backupassistant and under "Upgrading Phones?" select the "Transferring contacts from a phone to an Android device" link.
For other options to sync your contacts from your previous device or PC to your Google contacts (which will sync to your device), check out Google’s Sync Services at www.google.com/sync.