Activating and Setting iPhone 5c and iPhone 5s - New Customers
This guide is for new Verizon Wireless customers who purchased iPhone 5c and iPhone 5s. If you’re an existing Verizon Wireless customer, refer to the Activating and Setting Up iPhone 5c and iPhone 5s Guide for Existing Customers.To activate and set up iPhone you will need to:
Step 1: Back up contacts from your old phone
Step 2: Activate iPhone 5c and iPhone 5s
Step 3: Set up additional services on iPhone 5c and iPhone 5s
Existing iPhone users:
- Sync your old iPhone with iTunes® or create a backup with iCloud®.
- Turn off your old device.
All other new customers:
Check with your existing wireless provider for contact backup options on your current device.
If you already keep your contacts on your Mac® or PC, you can use iTunes to sync them to your new iPhone.
Note: iTunes syncs contacts with applications such as Mac OS® X Address Book, Yahoo!® Address Book and Google™ Contacts on a Mac; or with Yahoo! Address Book, Google Contacts, Windows® Address Book (Outlook® Express), Windows Contacts (Vista® and Windows 7), or Microsoft® Outlook 2003, 2007 or 2010 on a PC.tethering to your computer and using iTunes.
- Turn on iPhone 5S/5C by pressing the On / Off button.
- Follow the Setup Wizard's on-screen instructions and select ‘Use Cellular Connection’ when you reach the activation screen.
If cellular connection is not available, you can choose to activate by tapping Connect to iTunes, or by selecting a Wi-Fi network.
- Ensure you have the latest version of iTunes. If you are new to iTunes, you will need to download the latest version from the Apple® website.
- Business and government customers: Please work with your IT department to ensure you are using an approved version of iTunes for your business or agency.
- When prompted, review the Software License Agreement and, if you agree, click Agree to continue. Once activation is complete, a message will display on your iPhone.
- Complete the remaining steps of the Setup Assistant, including restoring data from your iTunes or iCloud backup, if applicable.
Set up Voicemail
- Tap the Phone app on iPhone.
- Tap the Voicemail tab and follow the prompts.
- Tap the Settings app on iPhone.
- Tap Wi-Fi.
- Set Wi-Fi to ON and select a network from the list.
- Enter a password, if prompted, and tap Join.
Transfer ContactsI have contacts on my Mac or PC
- Sync with iTunes.
Contract Term Acceptance
Any new customer who does not either accept the minimum term or return the device within 14 days of the shipment date, will be charged the difference between the full retail price of iPhone and the price paid (see Customer Receipt). May not be applicable to business and government customers.
Due to the software in iPhone, they may not be used with any carrier other than Verizon Wireless, even after your contract term is completed.
Verizon Wireless offers global roaming to more than 200 countries on iPhone. To activate global service or to get the latest coverage, voice and data rates, dial *611 from your mobile phone or (800) 922-0204 from a landline to speak to a Customer Service Representative. For additional details, visit verizonwireless.com/global.
Apple, iPhone, iTunes and iCloud are registered trademarks of Apple Inc.
Google and the Google logo are trademarks of Google, Inc.
Gmail and the Gmail logo are trademarks of Google, Inc