Verizon Wi-FiBack to previous page
- Verizon Wi-Fi gives you a fast connection to the Internet. That means more surfing, more downloading, more email, more social networking – more of everything you use the web for. And the best part? It’s included with your Mobile Broadband or GlobalAccess plan.
- Wi-Fi locations include many airports, hotels, restaurants, cafes, bookstores, retail stores, campgrounds, RV parks, marinas, libraries, and more.
- Manage your Mobile Broadband or GlobalAccess data allowance on your terms. Now you can save your data allowance for when you really need it.
How to Get It
- A monthly Mobile Broadband plan.
- A Mobile Broadband USB Modem, PC Card, ExpressCard ®, 3G Dedicated Mobile Hotspot / Verizon Jetpack™ 4G LTE Mobile Hotspot or netbook/notebook with Mobile Broadband Built-In.
- A Wi-Fi enabled notebook or netbook running Windows® 7, Vista, XP or 2000.
- VZAccess Manager
version 7.2 or higher.
How to Use It
- Open VZAccess Manager.1
- Insert your Mobile Broadband device or power on your Mobile Broadband Built-In module.
- Power on your PC-integrated Wi-Fi or attach your Wi-Fi adapter (sold separately).
- In VZAccess Manager, select “Verizon Wi-FiAccess” under “Available Network”, then click “Connect Wi-Fi”.
- Launch your web browser, email application or other Internet application.
- You can access Verizon Wi-Fi Locations by searching theVerizon Wi-Fi Hotspot Directory.
- You can also search for nearby Verizon Wi-Fi locations withinVZAccess Manager.
- Open VZAccess Manager version 7.2 or higher
- Click the “Wi-Fi Locations”tab.
- Enter search criteria by name, ZIP Code, category, country, state/province, or city.
Customers with Prepaid Mobile Broadband Plans or Mobile Broadband Connect features are not eligible for Verizon Wi-Fi access. Not compatible with Mac OS notebooks.
Verizon Wi-Fi available on select devices. Visit vzam.net to check availability on your device and to download the latest version of VZAccess Manager.
Verizon Wi-Fi hotspots are not owned or operated by Verizon Wireless. Verizon Wireless is not able to estimate upload or download speeds at these locations. Customers are responsible for providing security measures for their computers and data. Many Wi-Fi hotspots are not secure. Customers should connect to the Mobile Broadband network when more security is needed.
* MiFi 2200 Intelligent Mobile Hotspot must be connected to a PC via USB cable to access the Internet via Verizon Wi-Fi hotspot locations. When in USB mode, Wi-Fi capability on the MiFi is disabled. Only one PC at a time can access the Internet from a Verizon Wi-Fi hotspot when in USB mode.
1VZAccess Manager version 7.2 or higher required. To download the latest version, select Check for Updates from the Help menu in VZAccess Manager or visit www.vzam.net.