Basic Voice MailBack to previous page
- 20 messages
- 3-minute maximum per message
- 21-day retention
How to Get It
- Go to the Change Features page in My Verizon.
- If you have multiple lines on your account, select your device and click Next.
- Scroll down to the Voice Mail section, and check to see if CURRENT FEATURE is listed next to Basic Voice Mail. This indicates the feature is active on your account.
Note: If the feature isn’t active, click the Add button next to Basic Voice Mail and click Next at the bottom of the page. Then follow the onscreen prompts to add the feature to your account.
How to Use It
- Call *VM (*86) from your mobile phone.
- Follow the prompts to enter your password and retrieve your messages.
Note: If you hear your own system greeting when you call *VM, press # to interrupt it and follow the prompts to enter your password.
- Call your mobile number.
- Press # to interrupt the greeting and follow the prompts to enter your password and retrieve your messages.
|While Listening to a Message|| After Listening to a Message
|1 + 1||Rewind to beginning of message|
|3 + 3||Fast Forward to end of message|
|5||Envelope Info (date/time message was sent)|
|7||Delete Message*||Delete message|
|9||Save Message*||Save message|
Top QuestionsAll FAQs
Fax & Personal Operators not available in all areas. Airtime applies to message retrievals from your wireless phone. Mobile to Mobile Calling does not apply to Voice Mail set-up or message retrievals. Voice Mailboxes not initialized within 60 days (45 days in some markets) of feature activation will be canceled. Your Verizon Wireless Voice Mailbox is not password protected until you initialize it by following the tutorial prompts to select a password and record a voice signature and personalized greeting. Verizon Wireless is not liable for missed Voice Mail messages or deletions of messages from your Voice Mailbox, even if you've saved them.
*Not available in all areas.
**Forward/Reply only works with other Verizon Wireless Voice Mail subscribers in your own area.