Enable/Disable AirDrop - Apple® iPhone® 5
The Control Center is only available on iPhone models that have software version iOS 7 or later. To determine Device Software Version, refer to View Software Version.
Enabling AirDrop automatically enables Wi-Fi and Bluetooth.
- From the Home screen, select and hold the control center (bottom of the screen).
- Swipe the control center up, towards the top of the screen.
- Select AirDrop.
- Select the AirDrop setting:
For assistance with adding a contact, refer to Manage Contacts.
- AirDrop disabled
- Contacts Only
- AirDrop is discoverable only by people in contacts
- AirDrop is discoverable by everyone