Hard Reset - Hydro ELITE by Kyocera
Performing a hard reset removes all data including the GoogleTM account, system data, app data, app settings, and downloaded apps. Only perform a hard reset if absolutely necessary.
Personal data such as Wi-Fi passwords, Browser bookmarks, User dictionary, a list of installed Google Play apps and other customized settings can be backed up to and restored from Google's servers.
Disable Automatic Restore, prior to performing a hard (factory) reset, when attempting to determine whether a third party app is the cause of an Operating System/App issue.
- From a home screen, select Apps (located at the bottom).
If in Starter mode, select Menu (located at the bottom).
- Select Settings.
- Select Backup & reset.
- From the 'PERSONAL DATA' section, select Factory data reset.
- Select Reset phone (located at the bottom).
If presented, enter the current passcode or draw the unlock pattern.
- Select Erase everything (located at the bottom).
Allow several minutes for the factory data reset and reboot processes to complete.
To setup the device after completing the factory data reset, refer to Initial Activation and Setup.
- Ensure that the device is powered off.
- To power off, press and hold the Power button (located on the top edge of the device) until the options menu appears then release.
- Select Power off.
- From the 'Power off' prompt, select OK to confirm.
Allow several seconds for the device to power off.
- Press and hold the Volume down key (figure 1) then press and hold the Power button (figure 2) until the 'Kyocera' logo appears (approximately 10 to 15 seconds) then release.
- From the 'Android system recovery' screen (exclamation point with an android figure), select wipe data/factory reset.
Utilize the volume keys to highlight and the Power button to select.
- Select Yes -- delete all user data.
Allow several seconds for the factory data reset process to complete.
- Select reboot system now.
Allow several minutes for the reboot process to complete.
To setup the device after completion of the factory reset, refer to Initial Activation and Setup.