Hard Reset - LG Optimus Zone™
A hard reset may help with a blank or frozen screen, apps crashing or freezing, keypad/touchscreen problems, can't hear, device making noises, can't make or receive calls, and device won't sync. Our Troubleshooting Assistant can help you with other device issues if you aren't currently using the tool.
- Performing a hard reset removes all data including the Google account, system data, app data, app settings, and downloaded apps. Only perform a hard reset if absolutely necessary.
- Pictures, videos and music are also removed. It's recommended to backup this data.
- Personal data such as Wi-Fi passwords, browser bookmarks, user dictionary, a list of installed Market apps and other customized settings can be backed up to and restored from Google's servers.
- Disable Automatic Restore prior to performing a hard reset when attempting to determine whether a third party app is the cause of an operating system / app issue.
- From a home screen, select Apps .
- Select Settings.
- Select Privacy.
- Select Factory data reset.
- Select Reset phone.
If presented, enter the current passcode or draw the unlock pattern.
- Select Erase everything.
- Press and hold the Power button.
- On the device screen, select Power off.
- Press and hold the Volume Down, Home, and the Power button simultaneously until the LG Logo appears.
- Release the Power button while still holding the Volume Down and the Home buttons.
- When the Andoid icon appears release the Volume Down and Home buttons.
- The device automatically initiates a factory reset.