Hard Reset - Samsung Galaxy Stellar™
A hard reset may help with a blank or frozen screen, apps crashing or freezing, keypad/touchscreen problems, can't hear, device making noises, can't make or receive calls, and device won't sync. Our Troubleshooting Assistant can help you with other device issues if you aren't currently using the tool.
- Performing a hard reset removes all data including the Google account, system data, app data, app settings, and downloaded apps. Only perform a hard reset if absolutely necessary.
- Pictures, videos and music are also removed. It's recommended to backup this data.
Disable Automatic Restore prior to performing a hard (factory) reset when attempting to determine whether a third-party app is the cause of an operating system / app issue.
- From the home screen, select Apps.
- Select Settings.
- Select Back up and reset.
- Select Factory data reset.
- Select Reset device.
If presented, enter the current passcode or draw the unlock pattern.
- Select Delete all.
- Power the device off (remove the battery if necessary).
- Press and hold the Volume Up button, the Power button, and the Home key simultaneously.
- Select one of the following options by using the volume up / down buttons to scroll then select the Power button:
- Reboot system now
- Apply update from external storage
- Wipe data / factory reset
- Wipe cache partition
- Apply update from cache