Transfer Music Files - DROID RAZR M by MOTOROLA
Only DRM free / unprotected music can be transferred via this method. DRM protected content (e.g. songs downloaded via iTunes, Rhapsody subscription, etc.) will not play on this device.
If using a Macintosh computer, additional software is required in order to transfer files.
- Connect the device to a computer using the supplied USB cable.
- If necessary, select and hold the status bar (located at the top) then drag to the bottom.
- Select Connected as a camera / mass storage.
- Select Media device (MTP).
Selected when a check mark is present.
- Launch Windows Explorer.
Using the computer keyboard, press Windows+E ( +E) keys.
Alternatively, right-click Start then click Explore.
- Using Windows Explorer, navigate: XT907 > Internal Storage > Music.
XT907 is listed under the Portable Devices section.
If an SD card is present, music files can be transfered to that location by navigating: XT907 > SD card.
- Use the computer to copy music and other audio files into the folder.
For any accompanying artwork in JPEG format, rename the art file albumart.jpg and copy into the same folder as the music files.
- To further organize files, create a subfolder in the newly created music folder and copy desired music files into it.
- From a home screen, select Apps ( located at the bottom).
- From the APPS tab, select Files.
- Select Device storage.
- Navigate to the location of the file(s) to be transferred (e.g. Device storage\Music).
- Select Menu ( located in the lower-right).
- Select Select items.
- Select (highlight) the items to be transferred.
- Select Move ( located at the bottom).
- Select the drop down menu located in the upper-left (e.g. 1 selected, 2 selected, etc.).
- Select SD card.
- Select MOVE (located in the upper-right).