Transfer Music Files - Samsung Galaxy Tab® 2 (7.0)
Only DRM free / unprotected music can be transferred via this method. DRM protected content (e.g. songs downloaded via iTunes (not all iTunes songs are protected), Rhapsody subscription, etc.) will not play on this device.
If using a Macintosh computer, additional software is required in order to transfer files.
- Connect the device to the computer using the supplied USB cable.
- If necessary, select the status menu (located in the lower right).
- From the Ongoing section, ensure Connected as a media device is displayed.
To change, select Connected as a camera then select Media device (MTP).
- Launch Windows Explorer.
Using the computer keyboard, press Windows+E ( +E) keys.
Alternatively, right-click Start then click Explore.
- Using Windows Explorer, navigate: SCH-i705 > Card (SD Card, if installed) or Tablet > Music.
- Use the computer to copy music and other audio files into the folder.
For any accompanying artwork in JPEG format, rename the art file albumart.jpg and copy into the same folder as the music files.
- To further organize files, create a subfolder in the newly created music folder and copy desired music files into it.