Save a Ringtone - Samsung Galaxy S® III
At this time, saved audio files can only be set as ringtones while connected to a computer in Media device (MTP) mode.
- From the home screen, select Apps (located in the lower-right).
- From the APPS tab, select Email.
- Select the message.
- Select Save (below the attached ringtone / audio file).
- Select Home (located at the bottom).
- Connect the device to a computer using the supplied USB cable.
- If necessary, select and hold the status bar (located at the top) then drag to the bottom.
- Select Connected as a camera.
- Select Media device (MTP).
Selected when a check mark is present.
- From File Explorer / Finder on the computer, navigate SCH-I535 > Internal Storage > Download.
- Copy the desired audio file(s) from the Internal Storage\Download folder to the Internal Storage\Ringtones folder.
Once copied to the Ringtones folder, the sound file can be utilized as a ringtone.