Safe Mode - Revolution™ by LG
Safe Mode puts your phone in a diagnostic state (returned to default settings) so you can determine if a third-party app is causing your device to freeze/reset/run slow. Our Troubleshooting Assistant can help you with other device issues if you aren't currently using the tool.
Safe Mode temporarily disables all apps that have been installed via Google Play. Performing this troubleshooting step is necessary to determine whether a third-party app is the cause of an operating system / app issue. Safe Mode should always be performed prior to a hard (factory) reset.
Enable Safe Mode
- With the device powered down, press the Power button (upper-right corner).
- When the LG Logo screen appears, press and hold the Volume down key.
- Release the volume down key when Safe mode is displayed at the lower-left.
This may take up to 30 seconds.
- While in Safe Mode, remove the most recently installed apps.
- Power cycle the device then attempt to use the device.
- If the device works properly, install apps one at a time to identify the app causing the problem.
Disable Safe Mode
- Press and hold the Power button (upper-right corner).
- Select Restart.