Hard Reset - LG Ally VS740
A hard reset may help with a blank or frozen screen, apps crashing or freezing, keypad/touchscreen problems, can't hear, device making noises, can't make or receive calls, and device won't sync. Our Troubleshooting Assistant can help you with other device issues if you aren't currently using the tool.
Performing a hard reset will remove ALLdata including the Google account, system data, app data, app settings and downloaded apps. Only perform this reset if absolutely necessary.
When attempting to determine if a third-party app is the cause of an operating system / app issue on a device that does not support Automatic Restore, skip the Google Account setup during the initial setup of the device.
- From the Home screen, select the apps tab (bottom of the screen).
- Select Settings.
- Select Privacy.
- Select Factory data reset.
- Select Reset phone.
- Select Erase Everything.
- To setup the device, refer to Initial Activation and Setup for assistance.
- With the device powered off, press and hold the home and pwr / end and volume up keys simultaneously for 7 seconds.
- To setup the device, refer to Initial Activation and Setup for assistance