Installing the GPS antenna cable (mini-coax) - Verizon Wireless Network Extender (1X)
If a stable GPS signal is not detected, the GPS antenna cable (mini-coax) should be installed.
For best results, place the Network Extender in an elevated location (e.g. the top of a bookshelf or tall cabinet) then position the GPS antenna horizontally (GPS letters facing up), adjacent to a window and in an open area. The Network Extender must remain upright to allow for venting.
- Ensure that the Network Extender is powered off.
If connected, disconnect the power cord from the power outlet.
- Ensure that the wireless antenna is rotated down then open and remove the GPS antenna cover.
- Carefully press down then detach the GPS antenna from the Network Extender.
- Remove the GPS antenna from its compartment then connect it to the appropriate end of the mini-coax cable.
- Carefully align then connect the mini-coax cable to the mini-coax connector located within the GPS antenna compartment.
Do not force the cable into the mini-coax connector as this may damage it.
- Replace the GPS antenna cover while ensuring that the mini-coax cable is threaded through the opening.