Block/Unblock Numbers - Usage Controls
Here is some additional information on Call and Message Blocking.
The steps below apply to Usage Controls subscribers who want to block and unblock numbers. For steps on blocking and unblocking numbers from the Spam Controls page, refer to the Spam Controls FAQs page.
Only full 10-digit numbers with no added dashes or other symbols can be blocked with Usage Controls.
- Navigate to the Verizon Wireless website, enter the User ID or primary line's 10-digit Cell Phone Number and Password then click Sign In.
To register, click Register then follow the step-by-step instructions.
- Navigate My Verizon > Manage Verizon Safeguards (under Plans & Services).
Click the View Details & Edit.Add Blocks
A recording stating that the customer is unavailable is played if a call from a blocked number is received.
- Click Add Blocked Contacts.
Click See All Blocked Numbers, if present.
- Click Add Blocks.
- Select the option then click Add.
- Block Restricted, Unavailable and Private Numbers
- Block Outgoing 411 Directory Assistance Calls
- Name, Contact Info and Contact Type
Name is not required.
- Click See All Blocked Contacts.
- Select a phone number then click Delete.
- Click Delete.