Running this update will erase all data on the device. Be sure to follow All instructions.
- Microsoft® Windows 2000 Service Pack 4, XP Home Service Pack 2 or XP Pro Service Pack 2
- Microsoft® ActiveSync® 3.7.1, 3.8 or 4.1 installed
- At least 35MB free disk space
- Laptop PCs should be plugged in to AC power
- The Samsung i730 should be plugged in to AC power
- The Samsung i730 must be plugged directly into the PC via USB cable
DO NOT use a USB hub or a peripheral with built in USB adapters (keyboard, monitor, etc.)
- From the Samsung i730 Home screen, tap Start> Phone> Tools> Options> Security> Version. The Samsung i730 must have a PDA S/W version of: S:i730.2.6V.YE05.15045.
- Launch ActiveSync®, by double-clicking the ActiveSync® icon in the system tray.
- If an ActiveSync® partnership has already been established, skip to Step #6.
- If the ActiveSync® status shows Not Connected, click File> Connection Settings.
- Ensure that Allow USB connection with this desktop computer is selected then click OK.
For ActiveSync® 4.1, ensure that Allow USB connections is selected then click OK.
- Select Standard partnership then click Next.
When the partnership has been created, the ActiveSync® window will indicate Connected.
- From the PC, navigate to: //dts.vzw.com/index.html?m=1&p=1780. Download the Windows Mobile 2003 Update (located at the bottom of the page under Downloads).
- From the PC Desktop, locate and double-click the Samsung_i730_Maintenance_Release.exe icon and allow the WinZip Self-Extractor to run.
- To continue the installation, click Accept to the License Agreement.
- Click Upgrade.
- Click Yes.
The update may take some time. Do NOT disconnect the device or interrupt the upgrade process.
- Click OK.
- From the Samsung i730 Home screen, tap Start> Phone> Tools> Options> Security> Version and confirm the the new PDA S/W version is: S:i730.2.6V.YH25.15045.