How to Use Guide: VZAccess Manager - Troubleshooting
This guide covers the following topics:
- Troubleshooting VZAccess Manager and WWAN Devices
- Troubleshooting VZAccess Manager and Wi-Fi Devices
- Wi-Fi Statistics Support Tool
- Venturi™ Troubleshooting
- When installing VZAccess Manager, it was not able to find the WWAN device(wireless phone and cable or 1xEV-DO/1XRTT/CDMA PC Card).
- If using a wireless phone and cable, make sure it is powered ON and securely connected.
- If using a wireless phone and cable, try powering it OFF, then ON again.
- If using a WWAN (1xEV-DO/1XRTT/CDMA) PC Card, try removing it and reinserting it.
- Identify any software that uses the serial port on your computer or other USB devices (such as Microsoft Windows CE services, ActiveSync and Palm HotSync) and exit all of these programs. See Turning Sync Applications On and Off.
- Make sure that the auto-answer feature of any fax software you are using is disabled.
- Check with your computer manufacturer to verify your serial port or USB port is enabled and properly configured.
- If using a USB cable be sure to follow the documentation supplied with it to get it installed as a serial port or USB modem, before installing the VZAccess Manager software. If you have done this, also try disconnecting the USB cable from the PC and the wireless phone, then reconnect it and try again.
- If you are using a NationalAccess capable wireless phone and cable, verify the serial port speed setting on the phone is set to 19,200 or 115,200. If your serial port supports 115,200 or 230,400, VZAccess Manager will automatically set the phone to the best speed setting. See your wireless phone's manual for instructions on how to do this. If your wireless phone does not have a speed setting, power it OFF, then ON again.
- I get connected, but I can't get to any websites.
- If you are using VPN (Virtual Private Networking), you may require proxy settings on the Mobile Broadband, NationalAccess and Quick 2 Net (14.4 kbps) connections if you wish to access the Internet when connected to a corporate network through VPN. To see if this is the case, disconnect from your VPN and see if you can access the Internet directly.
- If you are using a PC provided by your employer, it's possible they might be using Microsoft's Winsock Proxy or a similar program that enforces Proxy settings without having to enter any proxy settings in your web browser. If this is the case, you will only be able to access the Internet when using VPN. To access the Internet directly, you will have to disable the Winsock Proxy. Usually these applications have an icon in Control Panel that allows turning them on and off. Check with your Network Administrator if you think this might be the case.
- An application may be causing a conflict with the Venturi compression software. If you just installed an application temporarily, uninstall it and see if normal operation returns.
- I can't load a specific page.
- You can try turning Venturi off to load a page that is causing a problem and then turn it back on to continue browsing. You do this by accessing the main user interface by double clicking on the "V" icon in the task tray or by right clicking on it and selecting "Open". Click the button under "Venturi Mode:", to turn Venturi "OFF", click it again to return it to "AUTO" ("ON" if configured for manual control).
- I can receive email but cannot send email using my email program.
- Some Internet Service Providers require that you be connected through them to access their mail server to send email. See section on Email Options.
- My computer, during installation or normal use:
- Locks up or crashes when attempting to dial.
- Mouse does not work properly when I try to use my Mobile Office wireless phone or device.
- Refer to your computer manual for help in managing your serial COM ports and USB ports to resolve potential resource conflicts.
- Exit any applications that may use serial ports or USB ports, that might be causing a conflict and try again.
- Remove any PC Card (PCMCIA) modems in your computer while using your wireless phone and cable or 1xEV-DO/1XRTT/CDMA PC Card, and try again.
Next (Page 1 of 8)