How to Transfer contacts from your phone to your BlackBerry® device
Download the Backup Assistant Application to your device.
- Select "Get it Now" or "Media Center" from the device’s menu, then select either "Tools on the Go" or "Browse & Download".
- Select "Get New Applications".
- Select "Business Tools / Information".
- Select "Backup Assistant" and press "OK".
After downloading the application follow the instructions for syncing your contacts to the Web.
- Go to Verizon Wireless and log into My Verizon. If you do not already have a My Verizon login and password, select the "register" link.
- On the My Verizon landing page, select either "My Contacts" from the account actions on the right side of the page or the "Contacts" button at the top of the page.
- Export the .csv file:
- Select the contacts that you want to export. If you want to export the entire list use "Select All".
- Select the "Export Contacts" function.
- Select the option to export contacts in "CSV (Outlook)" format.
- Save the exported .csv file to your computer.
- Launch Microsoft Outlook (or your preferred mail application) and select "Import" from the "File" menu. Additional mail application instructions: Outlook Express, Mac, Entourage.
- Follow the system prompts to import your contacts. To import a .csv file, select "Import from another program or file", and then on the following screen, select "Comma Separated Values (Windows)"
- Activate your BlackBerry device.
- (For corporate / enterprise users): Contacts will automatically sync to your BlackBerry via BlackBerry Enterprise Server. If you experience issues while syncing, please contact your system administrator.
- (For personal users): Personal users are able to sync contacts to their BlackBerry Desktop via the BlackBerry Desktop Manager. To download and use the BlackBerry Desktop Manager please:
- Download BlackBerry® Desktop Manager onto your computer.
- Connect your device to your computer using a USB cable.
- Click "Synchronize" on BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
- Select the data you would like to synchronize with your device.
For additional information on BlackBerry Desktop Manager, please visit BlackBerry.com