How to Use Guide: Porting Your Number to Home Phone Connect
When subscribing to Home Phone Connect, you have the option of activating a new line of service or, if you qualify, transferring (porting) your existing landline or wireless number from another carrier.
Note: Your number with your current Service Provider must be active and working. Check your number's eligibility online, at any Verizon Wireless store or authorized agent location, or by calling us at (800) 2-JOIN-IN (800-256-4646).
- After choosing your device and price plans and accessories, proceed to Checkout. On the Customer Information page, you will be given the option to activate a new number or transfer your existing number.
- Select Transfer number from another carrier, and supply the required account and billing information for your existing number.
Note: Be sure to provide information from your existing account. Providing invalid information will delay porting because a Customer Service Representative will need to contact you for the correct details.
- Review the terms of service. If you agree to the conditions, check the box and click the Continue button to proceed to the Payment Information page and complete Checkout.
Depending on the complexity of the port request and response time from your current Service Provider:
- Porting a wireless number to Home Phone Connect will take approximately 4 to 24 business hours to complete.
- Porting a landline number to Home Phone Connect will take approximately 2-10 business days to complete.
To check the status of your port request, call (877) 567-4899.
- Prior to porting your number: If you have any special features associated with your existing number, like Internet / DSL, or have Internet / DSL as part of a bundle package, please contact your current Service Provider to find out whether this change affects your service.
- During the porting process:
- Do not request to disconnect your existing number or make changes to your service with your current Service Provider.
- You will be able to make calls on your Home Phone Connect, but you will not be able to receive calls until the process is complete.
- Home Phone Connect is not compatible with:
- Fax machines
- Certain home security systems
- DSL or dial-up Internet service
- DISH Network® or DIRECTV®
- Mobile merchant machines (credit card machines)
- Home Phone Connect can’t be used to make or receive collect calls.