How to Use Guide: Mobile IM Yahoo Set Up
Using Mobile IM with AOL® Instant Messenger™
service, Windows Live Messenger™
, or Yahoo! Messenger®
is as easy as it looks. It's simple, takes just a minute and is available through Get It Now® from Verizon Wireless. If you don't already have an AOL Instant Messenger, Windows Live Messenger, or Yahoo! Messenger account, you need to set one up on your computer.
- Select "Yahoo! Messenger" from the Mobile IM Title Screen.
- Sign in using your Yahoo!® ID.
- After you sign in, you will be prompted to save your password. Selecting "Yes" or "Save My Password" means you won’t have to enter your name and password every time you Sign In.
- Add a Friend
- Under the Options menu, select "Add a Friend". Enter in the screen name.
Friends List Group
After you sign in, the screen will automatically display active conversations and any Friends who are online, while it downloads your list. Select "Refresh List/Refresh Friend List" window (3a) from the Options menu at any time to update the status of your list. The status icon will blink until your updated list is received.
- From the Yahoo friend list, use the up or down navigation key to highlight the friend "Yahoo ID" to whom you want to send a message.
- Make sure is highlighted and press "OK".
- A Conversations window will open, type in the message using the keypad and press "SEND" on the handset to send the message. Once you send a message to your friend, the conversations window will be updated with the text that you sent. If your friend responds, this text will be displayed in the same conversations window.