Backup Assistant℠ is a wireless service that saves a copy of your device's address book to a secure website. If your device is lost, stolen, damaged or replaced, Backup Assistant restores your saved address book to a new device wirelessly.
With Backup Assistant you can:
- Schedule daily backups
- Save your information manually or automatically
- Sign in to your Backup Assistant online account and get full access to your address book
- View, print, add, delete and edit contacts online, and send the changes to your device with one click
For more information, visit the Backup Assistant website.
Note: Backup Assistant is not available on all devices. To see if your device is compatible, refer to the Verify If Your Device Is Compatible section of the How to Use Guide: Backup Assistant.
How to Get It
In order to have Backup Assistant, you must have a Backup Assistant compatible device.
Refer to the How to Use Guide: Backup Assistant for more instructions on how to install and set up Backup Assistant.
You can find instructions for a specific device using the Search box at the top of the page.
- Enter your device name and “backup assistant” (e.g., “htc incredible backup assistant”) in the Search box to see if there are instructions for your device.
- Click on the Search button.
How to Use It
There are three main steps involved in using Backup Assistant:
- Confirm account.
- Set schedule.
- Complete first backup.
How to Use Guide: Backup Assistant