International CDMA Roaming FAQs
What is the dialing pattern while traveling internationally in a CDMA country?
For detailed instructions on dialing from the specific country to which you are traveling:
- Visit the International Roaming Rates and Coverage page
- Select your destination or country from the Traveling To… dropdown and click Go.
- After being redirected to your destination’s page, scroll down to the Dialing Instructions section.
- Enter the exit code for the country from which you are calling.
- Enter the country code of the person you are calling ("1" for the US).
- Enter the area code / city code, followed by the number of the person you are calling.
Note: Countries such as Bermuda, Canada, Puerto Rico and the Dominican Republic are on the North America dialing plan and no exit code is required to call back to the United States.