Restart / Soft Reset - Apple® iPhone® 4S
A restart is the most useful tool for resolving a variety of issues. In most cases, a restart will not affect data on the device.
If the issue is not resolved by a restart or if the device will not power on, attempt the reset method. Never perform the reset method without first attempting to restart the device.
- Press and hold the power / sleep button.
- Slide the power switch right, to power off the device.
- It may take several seconds for the device to power off.
- Once the device has completed powering off, press the power / sleep button to power on the device.
- Slide the unlock switch right, to unlock the device.
Symptoms that may require performing a Reset include:
- Display doesn't respond, and iPhone doesn't respond when the On / Off button is pressed.
- Display remains dark, even after charging and connecting to power.
- Device is non-responsive with the display locked.
- Press and hold the power / sleep button and the home / menu button simultaneously for approximately 10 seconds.
- When prompted with the Slide to unlock screen, ignore and continue to hold the power / sleep button and the home / menu button.
- The device will power off. Continue to hold the power / sleep button and the home / menu buttons.
- When the Apple logo appears, release the power / sleep button and the home / menu button.
This process may take several minutes.
Thanks for your feedback.